Build a home with your bare hands
There’s nothing quite like building a home over three days with 30 people just like you, and then giving it away unconditionally. It’s a truly rewarding experience we wish everyone could have.
If you’re interested in joining a build, here’s how it works:
- You have to be at least 18 years old.
- Once a build is confirmed, we’ll make an announcement on our facebook page and website. We’ll also give everyone a heads up via our newsletter. We will inform everyone of the Registration Dates, when registration will be open to the public, and we’ll send out reminders in case you miss it. This usually happens two months before the build date.
- Registering for a build is a first-come-first-served affair. We don’t reserve spaces for groups or individuals – if you are looking for a private house build please contact us at email@example.com
- When registration opens, we usually have 30 spots per build. Once all of those spots have been filled in via our online registration form, the form will be de-activated.
- Registrants will receive a confirmation email where they will have to confirm their place and attendance for our compulsory Builder Basics Workshop under the Builder Training Programme (BTP). This is compulsory because it provides tool training for builders as well as an overview of the build schedule - and most importantly, you get to meet all of the people you’ll be staying with for three days. Click here for more info on the BTP.
- Once they’ve attended the Workshop, we go for the build!